Blargoans Ltd have a 12 month contract opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
The Job Holder will provide support and assistance to the Project Manager in the development and implementation of projects that are included within the Decommissioning Programme.
The Job Holder will:
- Support project management strategies, optimising plans to respond to changes when necessary.
- Assist in the production and maintenance of the Programme baseline.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to expedite safe project delivery.
- Monitor internal and contractor performance against safety, costs, programme and quality, identify deviations and recommend remedial actions as appropriate.
- Produce/co-ordinate Project Documentation including statement of requirements, safety documentation, DMRs, works control documentation and project reports.
- Prepare handover documentation and support project handover.
- Efficiently manage projects within the bounds of the safety case.
- Review and report on identified problems and incidents, establishing causes and identifying, recommending and implementing solutions.
- Liaise with works control centres to ensure timely supply of adequate resources both in the short and long term.
- Participate in site emergency exercises as required.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.
- Manage staff as a Line Manager.
- Management of contractor SSOW and works control process.
- Management of contract via CEMAR.
- Understanding of the client’s work control process
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and planning skills
- Good general safety awareness
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organise/co-ordinate staff/contract resources
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Awareness of contract types and structure and contractual process
- Good understanding of safety requirements and knowledge for both industrial and nuclear safety management
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
HND in Science/Engineering or equivalent qualification plus experience
Experience: 3 years Nuclear/Industrial
2 years contract manager experience
Hold current CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme Course
Experience in developing SSOW
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £36,754 – £63,192, overtime rates apply as standard – Salary dependent on experience
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
12 month contract
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays.
Closing date for CV applications will be on Thursday 1st October at 12noon
To apply email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200 with reference BL20629
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.