Blargoans Ltd have a 12-month contract opportunity for a Cost Engineer to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
- Must interact proactively/routinely with the project control staff in other areas/interfacing teams for project/operations cost data and expenditure profiles, ensuring that costs are correctly aligned with programme phases, activities and duration
- Ability to forecast accurate lifetime project EACs, carryout earned value analysis to determine performance issues and carryout analysis of actual spend to inform future forecasts
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in NEC contracts, Cemar and Excel would be advantageous
- Ability to identify and assess project threats and opportunities cost impacts
- Previous Nuclear experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience in commercial contracts and sub-contractors, undertaking valuations and assessment of cost submissions including the impact of cost CE’S.
- Cost engineering experience within highly regulated, high complexity, industrial engineering projects. Including the development of a resource/cost loaded baseline
Additional Role Information
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
Able to multi task and work to tight deadlines
Ability to think at both individual project level and at a strategic level
Terms and Conditions
PAYE Rates £30,606 to £48,680 – Salary dependent on experience
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays.
Closing date for CV applications will be on Monday 10th May 2021 at 12:00noon
To apply email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200 with reference BL21452
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.