Blargoans Ltd have a short term contract opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
The purpose of the post is to manage and deliver project activities. The job holder will be responsible for specifying and managing engineering activities.
The Job Holder will:
- Control, develop and monitor plans and procedures.
- Design, evaluate and deliver the technical governance of projects.
- Identify resource requirements to prepare for/carry out activities.
- Develop appropriate solutions for operational problems.
- Write Technical Specifications.
- Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
- Undertake the professional management and execution of contract and project works including observation of work to identify industry standards are applied.
- Monitor implementation of plans and procedures to ensure compliance with project schedules, safety procedures and legislation.
- Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
HND in Engineering or equivalent based on Engineering Councils Standard for Engineering Technician.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years Mechanical Engineering experience required.
Desirable Skills & Attributes
Pressure Vessel Substantiation
Lifting Equipment/Crane Substantiation
Terms and Conditions
£220.00 – £300.00 per day LTD Company, Overtime rates do not apply
Basic Annual Income – £36,754 – £63,192, Overtime rates apply as standard – Salary dependent on experience
Monday to Friday
Contract until March 2021
BPSS Security Clearance Required
Closing date for CV applications will be on Thursday 1st October at 12noon
To apply email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For further information please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200 with reference BL20631
Blargoans Limited operates as an employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.