Blargoans Ltd have a 12-month contract opportunity for an Occupational Health Advisor to work within our client’s facility in Caithness.
An opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Health Advisor to provide an occupational health service to staff and external customers. The job holder will be responsible for delivery and occupational health support and appropriate responses to arising occupational health queries.
- Deliver treatment services, including counselling and the management of those taken ill, injured or contaminated at work
- Undertake and advise on workplace assessments with regard to OH issues, e.g. manual handling, DSE and rehabilitation.
- Provide monthly reports to management on occupational injuries and ill health
- Liaise with managers and HR with regard to sickness absence and advise on prompt and appropriate intervention
- Advise management and employees on fitness for work, health education and other health related topics
- Advise on, deliver and maintain records for statutory and non-statutory health screening and surveillance
- Train employees in prevention of occupational illness/injury and first aid for specific industrial hazards
- Manage departmental equipment and supplies
- Manage respirator fit testing process liaising with RPE manager
- Manage the immunisation process
- Provide on call cover
- Coordinate department resource
Qualifications, Aptitudes and Experience
Occupational health qualification required
Current NMC registration
RGN qualification required
Minimum of 2 years registered general nurse with post registration experience
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £40,780 to £70,115, overtime rates apply as standard
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays
12 Month Contract – Maternity Cover
Vacancy requires candidate to undergo security clearance checks.
Closing date for CV applications will be on Monday 18th July 2022 at 12noon
To apply email your CV to email@example.com specifying the reference BL23955
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.