Blargoans Ltd have a 12 month contract opportunity for an Operator to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
A vacancy exists within the Operations Directorate for an Operator for the DFR In-Sphere Breeder Fuel Removal Team.
Hear from the hiring manager:
The Dounreay Fast Reactor (DFR) was the world’s third fast breeder reactor, and the first to produce power commercially. The scope of the Breeder project is to remove and process the remaining metallic uranium elements, slugs, and retrievable part slugs from the DFR Reactor for processing in D2160 for onward shipment to Sellafield. The BFR In-Sphere team’s deliverable is the release and transfer to D2160 of this material.
- Operate ancillary equipment such as overhead polar cranes and scissor lifts
- Preparation and transfer hazardous materials to designated process locations using dedicated flasking equipment
- Carryout regular operations in reactor top shielded access vessel including drilling activities
- Prepare and Operate radiation/contaminated controlled work areas including radiological containments as necessary
- Minimise and package radioactive materials
- Carry out routine and non-routine operational activities including support to plant improvements and repairs as
- Undertake specialised training where required (such as Crane Driver, Safety case etc) in support of ongoing
- Work flexibly with the existing de-fuel team in support of Project Targets
Skills, Aptitudes and Experience
- Nuclear/industrial experience/arduous Respirator work
- Working at Height
- Good understanding of safety requirements for both industrial and nuclear safety working practices
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Sound communication skills, willingness to watch listen and learn
- Ability to demonstrate good self-organisational and planning skills
- Post specific capability analysis
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income –Salary Range £23,108 to £32,146 – overtime rates apply as standard.
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays.
12 Month Contract
Security Clearance – Vacancy requires candidate to undergo security clearance checks
Closing date now passed
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.