Blargoans Ltd have a 12 month contract opportunity for an Operator Chargehand to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
The purpose of the post is to decommission the Client’s Site safely. The Job Holder will provide support to processes that are relied on for the safe decommissioning of the Client’s Site.
The Job Holder will:
- Operate ancillary equipment such as cranes, Mobile Elevated Work Platforms, LGVs and fork lift trucks.
- Undertake operational monitoring.
- Carry out routine plant, fire and emergency checks identifying unusual trends and system/component failures and assist in its resolution.
- Prepare radiation/contaminated controlled work areas including radiological containments as necessary.
- Prepare and operate in alpha or beta-gamma radiation/contaminated controlled work areas including decommissioning activities.
- Minimise and package radioactive materials.
- Remove and transfer hazardous materials etc. to designated storage locations.
- Carry out routine and non-routine operational activities including support to plant improvements and repairs as appropriate.
- Undertake operational maintenance in compliance with the maintenance schedule.
- Be required to undertake shift working as operational needs demand.
- Undertake site surveillance tasks as appropriate.
- Liaise with waste disposal facilities, engineering services and other in-house departments.
- Assist with staff development and training.
- Coordinate a combined team of staff/contract facility operatives.
- Support the Building/Project Supervisor in the organisation and control of the facility and work programme.
- Provide cover for project supervisor during times of absence.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post, e.g. Permit Issuer/Receiver, AWO, RPS and RMC for the facility.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
Basic skills in numeracy and literacy required.
Minimum of 3 years Operations experience on site.
Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- AP Lifting.
- Flask Operations at PFR.
- Alkali metal handling.
- Understanding of and the ability to comply with decommissioning plant and process procedures.
Additional Role Information
- SC security clearance required
- Classified medical required
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £26,623 to £34,333 – overtime rates apply as standard.
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays.
12 Month Contract
Closing date for CV applications will be on Friday 16th July @ 12pm
To apply email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200. When applying please specify reference BL21780
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.