Operator – Waste Section
Blargoans Ltd have a 12 month contract opportunity for an Operator to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
The Job Holder will undertake operational duties in support of the safe operations of the client’s waste facilities. The purpose of this post is to operate and assist in the decommissioning of the facilities safety. This includes providing support to processes that are relied on for safe decommissioning of the site.
The Job Holder will:
- Carry out routine and non-routine operational activities including process operations and provide support to plant improvements and repairs as appropriate.
- Undertake site surveillance tasks and emergency response role as appropriate.
- Carry out routine plant, fire and emergency checks and operational maintenance in compliance with the maintenance schedule.
- Identify unusual trends and system/component failures and assist in its resolution.
- Operate within Safety Management Systems, i.e. Permit to Work, Standard Operating Procedures and SSOW.
- Prepare radiation/contaminated controlled work areas including radiological containments as necessary.
- Provide support to undertaking work activities within these containments.
- Minimise and package radioactive materials in accordance with Local and Site Procedures.
- Remove and transfer hazardous materials etc to designated storage locations.
- Operate ancillary equipment such as cranes, Mobile Elevated Work Platforms, etc.
- Undertake operational monitoring as appropriate
- Be required to undertake shift working as operational needs demand.
- Carry out training to perform the responsibilities of on-site appointments relevant to the post
Desirable Attributes and Experience
- Basic numeracy and literacy ability
- Good general safety awareness
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience in undertaking all roles in active containment operations would be an advantage
- Experience of working with Master/Slave Manipulators would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience of working within control room environment would be an advantage but not essential
- Driving license would be an advantage but not essential.
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £23,108 to £32,146, shift working required
Salary dependent on experience
37.9 hours per week
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays
Successful candidate will secure a permanent position with our client after successfully completing the 12 month contract
Closing date for CV applications will be on Thursday 9th March 2023 @ 4.30pm
To apply email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For further information please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200. When applying please specify reference BL25920
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.