Blargoans Ltd have 12 month contract opportunities for 6 x Operators to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
The purpose of the post is to decommission the Client’s Site safely. The Job Holder will provide support to processes that are relied on for the safe decommissioning of the Client’s Site.
The Job Holder will:
- Operate ancillary equipment such as cranes, Mobile Elevated Work Platforms, LGVs and fork lift trucks.
- Undertake operational monitoring.
- Carry out routine plant, fire and emergency checks identifying unusual trends and system/component failures and assist in its resolution.
- Prepare radiation/contaminated controlled work areas including radiological containments as necessary.
- Prepare and operate in alpha or beta-gamma radiation/contaminated controlled work areas including decommissioning activities.
- Minimise and package radioactive materials.
- Remove and transfer hazardous materials etc. to designated storage locations.
- Carry out routine and non-routine operational activities including support to plant improvements and repairs as appropriate.
- Undertake operational maintenance in compliance with the maintenance schedule.
- Be required to undertake shift working as operational needs demand.
- Undertake site surveillance tasks as appropriate.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Basic skills in Numeracy and Literacy required.
- Experience and knowledge of manipulator practices.
- Glovebox trained and experienced in posting operations.
- Plant knowledge with experience/interest of a mechanical nature.
- A good understanding of DCP and IEF operations (although suitable training will be given).
- Flasking knowledge and have a sound radiological background.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and be flexible, ensuring that the Import Export Facility meets the demands of the donor facilities.
- Operate manipulators and overhead cranes.
- They must strictly follow written procedures. It is a key requirement that the operators appreciate and adhere to the quality systems in the facility.
Additional Role Information
- SC security clearance will be required – Can start on BPSS Clearance
- Classified medical required
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £21,496 to £29,903 – overtime rates apply as standard.
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays.
12 Month Contract
Closing date for CV applications will be on Monday 19th July @ 12pm
To apply email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For further information please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200. When applying please specify reference BL21783
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.