Blargoans Ltd have 2 x 12 month contract opportunities for a Plumber to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
The Job Holder will support the Operations Directorates for plumber duties. The purpose of the post is the delivery of maintenance, backlog and succession planning. The individual will support plant maintenance activities
The Job Holder will:
- Identify and rectify routine maintenance problems where applicable.
- Carry out planned maintenance activities and defect rectification efficiently, includes defect investigation of causes and proposal of solutions.
- Reinstate the work area after completing the maintenance of plant, systems and components.
- Utilise diagnostic techniques to identify faults in plants, systems and components.
- Identify and report common equipment performance issues.
- Identify obsolescence and end of life issues.
- Assess the effectiveness of maintenance procedures and provide required amendments and changes.
- Produce fit for purpose job reports describing accurately the work that has been carried out.
- Mentor apprenticeship development and may be an SVQ Assessor.
- Conduct safe and effective handover of plant and equipment to others and accept and confirm responsibility for the control of the plant and equipment within the work area isolation boundary.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post. Hold a relevant disciplined nominated appointment.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Mechanical Apprenticeship plus NC in Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
Additional Role Information
- BPSS Clearance will be required
- Ability to safely deliver a programme of works
- Work in a timely and efficient manner
- Minimal supervision required
- Wide knowledge of all plumbing aspects
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £26,623 to £34,333, overtime rates apply as standard.
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays.
12 Month Contract
Closing date for CV applications will be on Thursday 8th July @ 12noon
To apply email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200. When applying please specify reference BL21708
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.