Blargoans Ltd have 3 x 12 month contract opportunities for a Project Manager to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
To safely manage the delivery of decommissioning projects to an agreed timescale, cost and quality. The Job Holder will be responsible for the management and control of the projects throughout the project lifecycle.
The Job Holder will:
- Develop project management strategies, optimising plans to respond to changes when necessary.
- Create, implement and maintain programme baselines and strategies for the project, taking into account analysis of dependencies and constraints, scope, risks and assumptions.
- Implement organisational governance structures for projects, ensuring application of CDM requirements as defined in STD2008.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to expedite safe project delivery.
- Monitor and report on internal and contractor performance against safety, costs, programme and quality, identify deviations and implement remedial actions as appropriate.
- Manage the production of project documentation including statement of requirements, safety documentation, DMR’s, works control documentation and project reports.
- Apply appropriate project management techniques and configuration measures.
- Prepare handover documentation and manage project handover.
- Efficiently manage projects within the bounds of the safety case.
- Review and report on identified problems and incidents, establishing causes and identifying, recommending and implementing solutions.
- Have arrangements in place for the Client to directly control all nuclear safety and security matters associated with the project.
- Ensure that in instances where the contractor does not adopt the Client’s safety and security management requirements then the contractor’s safety and security management arrangements are of at least an equivalent standard to the Client’s.
- Ensure that any major contractors who are operating or maintaining the Client’s facilities are competent to the Client’s standards and appointed as required to the appropriate SERP.
- Participate in site emergency exercises as required.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments where relevant to the post.
- Manage staff as a Line Manager
Desirable Attributes and Experience
Experience: 5 years Project Management
Experience of managing projects on a Nuclear Site
Experience in contract management
Experience in Decommissioning and Waste Management would be an advantage
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £51,615 – £77,247, overtime rates apply as standard – Salary dependent on experience
£365 to £400 per day LTD Rates – Overtime rates do not apply
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays.
BPSS Security Clearance is required
Closing date for CV applications will be on Monday 9th November 2020 at 16:30
To apply email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For further information please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200 with reference BL20748
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.