Blargoans Ltd have a 12-month contract opportunity for a Project Manager to work within our client’s facility in Caithness.
A vacancy has arisen for a Project Manager to safely manage the delivery of decommissioning projects through the project lifecycle to agreed timescales, cost and quality.
A hybrid working arrangement is available to the successful applicant which would involve 50% home working and 50% attendance at the client’s site.
- Develop project management strategies, optimising plans to respond to changes when necessary
- Create, implement and maintain programme baselines and strategies for the project, taking into account analysis of dependencies and constraints, scope, risks and assumptions
- Implement organisational governance structures for projects, ensuring application of Construction Design & Management regulations
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to expedite safe project delivery
- Monitor and report on internal and contractor performance against safety, costs, programme and quality, identify deviations and implement remedial actions as appropriate
- Manage the production of project documentation including statement of requirements, safety documentation, works control documentation and project reports
- Apply appropriate project management techniques and configuration measures
- Prepare handover documentation and manage project handover
- Efficiently manage projects within the bounds of the safety case
- Review and report on identified problems and incidents, establishing causes and identifying, recommending and implementing solutions
- Participate in site emergency exercises as required
Desirable Attributes and Experience
HND in Science/Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
A recognised project management professional qualification (e.g., PRINCE2, APM Project Management Qualification)
Extensive experience of working in a high hazard industry or major infrastructure projects
Experience in contract management including a detailed understanding of contract methodologies and the management of commercial risk
Proven performance of successfully leading and delivering large complex projects to time, cost and quality throughout the project lifecycle
Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements and legislation including procurement, environment and health and safety
Ability to lead collaborative teams and act as a role model for the site standards, expectations and behaviours
Experience of working with a diverse stakeholder group in a constructive and collaborative manner
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £52,234 to £78,174, overtime rates apply as standard
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays
Vacancy requires candidate to undergo security clearance checks.
Closing date for CV applications will be on Monday 18th July 2022 at 12noon
To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the reference BL23950