Blargoans Ltd have a 12 month contract opportunity for a Project Supervisor to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
A vacancy exists within the Shaft & Silo directorate for a Project Supervisor to safely deliver construction projects. The job holder will be responsible for applying project supervision as necessary to deliver multi-disciplinary construction tasks of varying complexity.
The Job Holder will:
- Efficiently supervise the safe, secure, and environmentally compliant work within the bounds of the safety operating envelope (such as Construction Phase Plan in line with safety case), ensuring that tasks are carried out by competent personnel in line with the procedures.
- Manage and monitor contractor performance.
- Ensure that any revisions to relevant processes and legislation are assimilated into working practise.
- Review and assist in the preparation of safe system of work documentation.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to expedite safe project delivery.
- Assist in facility/project progress reporting and programming statusing.
- Participate in work scope and hazard reviews, work scheduling and interactions.
- Contribute to the preparation of handover documentation and support project handover.
- Report and investigate abnormal conditions, unusual occurrences and failures and take appropriate action to protect personnel and the environment.
- Perform a range of formal and informal safety inspections, patrols and take appropriate remedial action
- Participate in site emergency response and exercises as required.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post including: Permit Receiver, Risk Assessor, Temporary Works Supervisor.
Desirable Attributes and Experience
- Experience in a construction industrial environment
- CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) or equivalent
- Experience of supervising personnel including the coordination of their work activities
- Knowledge and understanding of work control process and safe systems of work
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and planning skills
- Understanding and awareness of safety issues
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills to support and develop a collaborative team environment where individuals feel respected and included
- Adaptable and open to change coupled with a positive response
Previous experience and training in the following areas:
- Construction, Lifting and Radiological Work
- CSCS Gold Card
Hear from the Hiring Manager:
We are looking to recruit a project supervisor to work as part of a team to support site work. Work pattern would be standard site hours (0800 – 1615) but every alternative week cover is required for contractor hours (0730 – 1730). Construction experience in supervisor capacity would be an advantage.
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £33,296 to £52,959, overtime rates apply as standard – Salary is dependent on experience
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays
12 Month Contract
Security Clearance – Vacancy requires candidate to undergo security clearance checks.
Closing date has now passed.
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.