Blargoans Ltd have a long term contract opportunity for an Quantity Surveyor to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
Our client is looking for Quantity Surveyors to join the Commercial Team to support a programme of new contracts due to commence over the next 12 – 18 months
The Job Holder will provide management capability for high risk contracts from strategy and tender through to completion including tendering, variations, complaints, claims and disputes that arise with the supply chain and negotiating settlements to claims.
The Job Holder will:
- Execute the commercial, procurement, contract management and supply chain strategies.
- Support the procurement of goods and services for complex or high risk requirements.
- Support the project teams through the sanctioning and validation process
- Support the delivery of complex and high risk contracts in support of project deliverables including variations, complaints, claims and disputes that arise with the supply chain negotiating settlements to complex claims
- Support the selection and award process of suitably qualified and experienced contractors in line with the EU Procurement Directives, NDA and client procedures
- Produce high quality reporting and control metrics for all commercial activities
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documents.
- Measure and value the work done on site
- Review and approval of valuations, final accounts etc.
Desirable Aptitudes and Experience
- RICS accredited and/or min 5+ years working experience
- Comprehensive and extensive working experience of NEC3 form of contract
- Experience of managing the delivery of complex and high-risk contracts
- Experience of working in a public contracts regulated organisation
- Ability to support development of and execute commercial, procurement and contract management strategies
- Experience in the use of electronic NEC contract management tools (eg CEMAR)
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £36,754 to £63,192, Salary dependent on experience
£300.00 – £365.00 per day LTD Company, Overtime rates do not apply
IR35 – Within IR35 Scope from April 2021
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Contract until March 2021
SC Clearance will be required for this position
Closing date for CV applications will be on Wednesday 29th April 2020 at 16:00
To apply email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200 with reference BL19721
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.