Blargoans Ltd have a 12 month contract opportunity for Senior Analyst/Senior Shift Analyst CSS to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
The purpose of the post is to provide analytical support/work. The job holder will carry out day to day analytical operations within the laboratories.
The Job Holder will:
- Undertake and deliver sample preparation, routine analysis and reporting to the lab or team leader, including testing and internal calibrations, ensuring that CSS reporting deadlines are met
- Maintain a daily log and report progress and/or problems to Laboratory Leader/Shift Chemist
- Assist the Laboratory Leader/Shift Chemist in ensuring operational delays are minimised by identifying constraints leading unplanned downtime
- Report possible non-compliances to the Laboratory Leader/Shift Chemist a propose and deliver corrective actions to close out non-compliances
- Undertake safety checks, repost and take appropriate action
- Maintain Analytic Proficiencies in one laboratory area
- Maintain Analytic Proficiencies in additional laboratory areas, where CSS workload and flexibility requires this
- Prepare technical documents for review
Desirable Attributes & Experience
- HNC in Science or equivalent qualifications plus experience
- Experience: 3 years in Lab areas
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good general safety awareness
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to time deadlines whilst maintaining quality of output
- STEM qualifications at least to higher A-level grade or equivalent and/or better
- Interested in lab work (manual dexterity attention to detail)
- Lab experience is a bonus
Additional Role Information
- Be required to undertake shift work on a rota basis
- Perform method development, validation and uncertainty estimation
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post
- Perform additional Management Activities as required
- Undertake audits on UKAS aspects of the Quality Management System
Terms and Conditions
Annual Basic Income – £33,296 to £52,959 – overtime rates apply as standard. – Salary dependent on experience 37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Annual holiday entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays.
Can accept trainees with potential.
Closing date for CV applications will be on Monday 18th July 2022 at 12noon
To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the reference BL23960
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.