Blargoans Ltd have a 12 month contract opportunity for Senior Mechanical Engineer to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
The purpose of the job is to manage and deliver project activities.
The Job Holder will provide technical oversight and engineering quality and should have design experience, the ability to manage a multi disciplined team and Contract Management experience.
The Job Holder will:
- Control and develop technical engineering strategies, plans and procedures.
- Design and evaluate the technical governance of projects.
- Establish and maintain Design Authority arrangements.
- Undertake project governance roles as required.
- Develop an effective technical organisation to manage fit for purpose engineering design and safety project delivery in support of the Site Performance Plan
- Identify resource requirements to deliver engineering tasks.
- Identify, validate and approve engineering solutions for projects.
- Manage the preparation, approval and issue of technical specifications.
- Apply health, safety environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advise where necessary from appropriate specialists.
- Develop and execute an engineering and safety case delivery strategy, optimising plans to respond to changes when necessary.
- Support the project in the delivery of projects/programmes of work and sanction approvals.
- Validate the completion of activities to ensure compliance with procedures, legislation and quality standards.
- Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
- Support investigations with regard to specific engineering discipline.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.
Desirable Attributes & Experience
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent, based on Engineering Council Standard for Incorporated or Chartered Engineer
- Achieved or working towards Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
- Relevant engineering experience within similar industry
- Effective communication skills to manage internal and external stakeholders when required
- Demonstrate practical and theoretical problem solving ability
- Demonstrate behaviours such as resilience, integrity, reliability, ownership
- Demonstrates skills such as team work, conflict resolution, decision making
Terms & Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £37,935 to £65,223, overtime rates apply as standard.
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays.
12 Month Contract
Closing date for CV applications will be on Wednesday 4th May 2022 at 12 noon
To apply email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200 with reference BL23499
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.