Blargoans Ltd have a long term contract opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
Our client is looking for Quantity Surveyors to join the Commercial Team to support a programme of new contracts due to commence over the next 12 – 18 months
The Job Holder will provide management capability for high risk contracts from strategy and tender through to completion including tendering, variations, complaints, claims and disputes that arise with the supply chain and negotiating settlements to claims.
The Job Holder will:
- Execute the commercial, procurement, contract management and supply chain strategies.
- Support the procurement of goods and services for complex or high risk requirements.
- Support the project teams through the sanctioning and validation process
- Support the delivery of complex and high risk contracts in support of project deliverables including variations, complaints, claims and disputes that arise with the supply chain negotiating settlements to complex claims
- Support the selection and award process of suitably qualified and experienced contractors in line with the EU Procurement Directives, NDA and client procedures
- Produce high quality reporting and control metrics for all commercial activities
- Deliver the commercial aspects of major projects form Tender through to completion
- Evaluate information to ensure a realistic cost for the projects within the incumbents portfolio of projects.
- Support the preparation of tenders and then take successful bids through to completion on site, managing all aspects of the contract and its administrator.
- Building good working relationships with framework partners.
- Assist in the development of the procurement programme
- Provide input into rick profiling and management on contracts/projects
- Review and approval of valuations and final accounts as per contractual deadlines
- Preparation of contracts and to be involved in all supplier negotiations.
- Liaise with project managers to establish the project specification and requirements
- Provide commercial advice to the site team about all project issues and project strategy and provide input to area commercial discussions and reviews.
- The post holder should have good construction knowledge.
Desirable Aptitudes and Experience
- RICS accredited and min 5+ years post graduate working experience
- Comprehensive and extensive working experience of NEC3 forms of contract
- Experience of managing the delivery of complex and high-risk contracts
- Experience of working in a public contracts regulated organisation – able to develop and execute commercial, procurement and contract management strategies
- Experience of using CEMAR
- Ability to support development of and execute commercial, procurement and contract management strategies
- Experience in the use of electronic NEC contract management tools (eg CEMAR)
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £36,754 to £63,192, Salary dependent on experience
£365.00 – £400.00 per day LTD Company, Overtime rates do not apply
IR35 – Within IR35 Scope from April 2021
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Contract until March 2021
SC Clearance will be required for this position
Closing date for CV applications will be on Wednesday 29th April 2020 at 16:00
To apply email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For further information please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200 with reference BL19722
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.