Blargoans Ltd have a 12 month contract opportunity for a Technical Author to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
The purpose of the post is to write and review Radioactive Waste Management Cases (RWMC) for Higher Activity Wastes in accordance with PRC2160 and associated regulatory guidance.
The Job Holder will be primarily responsible for the production and update of new and existing RWMCs. In addition, they may also provide support to Higher Activity waste strategy tasks or Letter of Compliance to work.
The Job Holder will
- Act as the point of contact for projects requiring or utilising RWMCs
- Prepare and update RWMCs in Microsoft Word to agreed programme
- Engage with directorates to obtain key reference documentation to underpin RWMCs, this will include project/waste/environment and safety documentation
- Manage the review and approval process for RWMCs including meetings as appropriate and Achiever as a required
- Manage the tracking of actions raised in any RWMCs
- Manage the references that underpin the RWMCs
- Liaise with contractors should external support be required
Desirable Qualifications & Experience
- HNC in Science/Environment/Waste Management or equivalent qualification or equivalent qualification plus experience
- General site knowledge
- Practical understanding of waste treatments and processes
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Innovative and proactive
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Ability to work under pressure and to time deadlines whilst maintaining quality of output
The Job Holder May
- Support Letter of Compliance tasks if required
- Support other tasks as directed by the HAW Strategy officer
Terms and Conditions
Annual Basic Income – £30,973 to £42,266 – Overtime rates apply as standard.
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays.
12 Month Contract
Closing date for CV applications will be on Thursday 16th September 2021 @ 12noon
To apply email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200 with reference BL22116
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.