Blargoans Ltd have a 12 month contract opportunity for a Vehicle Maintenance Fitter to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
A vacancy has arisen within the Operations Directorate – Maintenance and Engineering Support for a Vehicle Maintenance Fitter. The purpose of this role is the delivery of maintenance. The individual is responsible for supporting plant maintenance activities.
The Job Holder will:
- Identify and rectify routine maintenance problems where applicable.
- Carry out planned maintenance activities and defect rectification efficiently, includes defect investigation of causes and proposal of solutions.
- Reinstate the work area after completing the maintenance of plant, systems and components.
- Utilise diagnostic techniques to identify faults in plants, systems and components.
- Identify and report common equipment performance issues.
- Identify obsolescence and end of life issues.
- Assess the effectiveness of maintenance procedures and provide required amendments and changes.
- Produce fit for purpose job reports describing accurately the work that has been carried out.
- Mentor apprenticeship development and may be an SVQ Assessor.
- Conduct safe and effective handover of plant and equipment to others and accept and confirm responsibility for the control of the plant and equipment within the work area isolation boundary.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post. Hold a relevant disciplined nominated appointment.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Mechanical Apprenticeship plus NC in Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
- HGV, LGV and Plant Experience
Additional Role Information
- SC Clearance is required
- Ability to safely deliver a programme of works
- Timely and efficient
- Requires minimal supervision
Terms and Conditions
Basic Annual Income – £26,623 to £34,333, overtime rates apply as standard.
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays.
12 Month Contract
Closing date for CV applications will be on Friday 9th July @ 12noon
To apply email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For further information please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200. When applying please specify reference BL21711
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.