Blargoans Ltd have a 12 month contract opportunity for a Waste Advisor Support to work within our Client’s facility in Caithness.
The purpose of the post is to provide waste support to the Client’s project to promote and document compliance with waste legislation and adherence to the Client’s waste strategies. The Job Holder will be responsible for working with the Waste Advisor Team to provide advice on compliance requirements and the site’s waste strategies and preparing consignment documentation for the Client’s site and projects.
The Job Holder will
- Consign waste in accordance with the Waste Management System
- Attend Planned General Inspections
- Interface with internal stakeholders on waste management, e.g. attend Local Work Programme meetings and Work Scope Hazard reviews
- Produce waste documentation in line with project and legislative requirements e.g. Project Specific Waste Plans
- Support the identification and resolution of waste problems and incidents
- Support the sharing of good practice, lessons learnt and improvements
- Attend internal waste related groups and support tasks as required
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post, including Area Waste Officer
Desirable Attributes & Experience
Minimum 2 years relevant nuclear experience
Good written and oral communication skills
Self-motivated and proactive approach
Knowledge of waste consignment and associated documentation would be advantageous
Willing to undertake further relevant training
Terms and Conditions
Annual Basic Income – £26,307 to £30,000 – Overtime rates apply as standard.
37.9 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave, 8 public holidays, 2.5 privilege holidays.
Vacancy requires candidates either holding current SC clearance or willing to go through vetting for SC clearance.
Closing date for CV applications will be on Monday 3rd May 2021 @ 12noon
To apply email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact: Caroline Hay – 01847 851200 with reference BL21436
Blargoans Limited operates as a locally based employment business for temporary/contract recruitment and an employment agency for permanent recruitment for technical and professional roles to the Engineering, Office & Commercial Industries.